Earning money through publishing ebooks online is a very simple but lengthy process. Its just like selling any other products online. By following some steps you can publish your ebook and earn money from them.
1. Choose your niche. It is very important that you choose very carefully which type of eboks you want to publish. Choose a demographic comprised of a large audience and write on topics that has little competition. Or you can sell other writers ebooks through affiliate marketing.
2. Choose the correct formatting and elegant covers for your ebooks. in online marketplaces books has a way of creating first glance impression with their cover. So choose a covers that will attract the most.
3. Now to sell it you can use 2 types of market place.. Allready existing marketplaces such as amazon, ebay, allibaba etc. Or you can create a website and build your own brand. I personally support the latter one as it would eradicate any third party and you will be able to earn ad revenue by getting sponsored advertisements on your site.
4. Promote all you can. selling any thing is a typical salesman type job. The more you are better at marketing the more you will earn. Promote your contents with great priority.. Even you should invest for marketing you ebook.
I’m very sure you can, because selling ebooks is about 99% of my income, and has been steadily rising since I started in 2010.
To be fair, I don’t just sell ebooks though.
Instead, I package them with several bonuses, such as video courses and audio courses that are extremely relevant to the initial ‘main’ ebook for sale.
Most people will say you need to be an "expert" - or generating content for years in order to get results - but I don't believe that. The first piece of content I ever released online was an ebook, for sale, under a name I made up - and it still sells daily.
"Ebooks are simply information, packaged, and information is (by far) the most valuable commodity in the world"
If you want to go down this road, then here’s 7 tips:
1. Only sell “How To” type ebooks. Fiction is much harder to sell.
2. Stick to the most profitable niche markets in the world. They all fall under the umbrella of the big 3: money, health, relationships.
3. Within those markets get specific. For example, instead of “lose weight” you could create something far more appealing to a certain demographic; like “how to lose weight for men over 40"
4. That last point is a double edged sword. Not only is it now more appealing to fat guys over 40, but you can also increase your sales conversion rate dramatically by only targeting traffic that is “fat men over 40"
5. I also go against the grain and do not use large online hubs, like Amazon etc. Sure, they can give you some easy sales, but they will also take a very large portion of the revenue. Amazon is good for lead generation, not for revenue. For the same reason, I would never use a publisher. These days, they often cannot market your product any better than you can.
6. Instead of a publisher or Amazon, just create your offer and then sell it yourself with an extremely basic website. The more simple it is, the better. I'm not sure why, I've just noticed that to be the case.
7. Promoting your ebooks is a bigger topic than creating your ebooks. But the most valuable lesson that most people agree with - is to build your list, segment your list, and keep in contact with your list.
I know this question is a year old but it came up in my feed, so hopefully it helps someone.