You've probably heard this a million times, but I'll tell you again, because it's absolutely true: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's the meal we're most-likely to skip as we scramble to get ready for school or work, but it's also essential for getting the energy you need to stay productive. Plus, if you curb your hunger in the morning, you'll most likely consume less total calories throughout the day.
Here's some quick ways to get what you need without succumbing to the temptations of the fast food drive-through window.
1. Fresh eggs. These take about 3 minutes in the microwave or on the stove. You'll spend less time doing this than you will waiting in line and McDonald's.
2. Whole grain cereal. Especially now that it's getting colder, why not try a little oatmeal?
3. Yogurt. You can make this more filling by adding fresh fruit and nuts.
4. Vegetarian bacon. As long as you accept that it will taste nothing like real bacon, it's actually pretty good.
5. Bran cereal. If you're a cereal person, this is a much healthier way to go than all those sugary (and less filling) options.
Try it. You'll feel better all morning.
First of all, I would like to say that the two most important things to look for in a breakfast food are protein and fiber, to keep you full and satisfied.
So here are my favorites:
So they don't all fit in your briefcase, but they are easily packaged and brought with you for just a couple minutes of your time.
My favorite weekday breakfast is a smoothie. There are so many different varieties to satisfy anyone's taste buds.
Due to my allergies, I need to be careful with some fruit. However, my favorite smoothie is frozen mango, frozen blueberries, unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of Greek yogurt., if I have spinach on hand I throw that in it too. All you have to do is blend it up and you are on your way.
There are many people that skip breakfast. I have never been able to do that. However, my breakfast choices haven't always been healthy. My smoothie in the morning satisfies me until lunch. Plus, I don't like to eat just plain fruit so this give me my nutrients from fruit without having to sit down to a plain bowl of fruit. It is a win win!