The post reward and my comment reward by default is 50%/50%. So by default I am saving 50% of my earning in SP and the rest 50% is my weekly salary and my activity is earning that weekly salary for me. If I am spending good amount of time every day, then there is a small cost to this as well. There is electricity bill, internet bill to pay. In order to make this sustainable I have to pay those bills and that is why I will cash it out what I get as liquid reward from my posts/comment.
There are people who can manage the running expense from other source should HODL in my honest opinion, as steem is really at a low level and holding at this level could prove profitable if steem price will rise after some time.
The point is that some people like me wish to HODL but I do not have a choice because the financial health is leaner now, so it is a necessity and a requirement for people like me to cash it out.
Definitely hodling. My view of STEEM is a longer term plan. If the price rises through this year, I may take out some of my liquid payouts to improve my financial position (only if the price climbs back over $1). I have no intention to power down however, and aim to build my stake up as I see this eco-system being worth so much more in 3 - 5 years. Short term and trading is not for me, My goals are for the mid to long term and to acheive that, I need more STEEM power.
If I was a trader, I would probably have STEEM as a buy right now. I think the bear market is just about finished, and prices are starting to trend up. But there is a reason I don't trade, and that is because I am no good at it.
Long story short - HODL and increase my stake - regardless of the current value.
Well based on the current value of steem i would definitely hold it and wait for the value of steem to rise in the future before i will now make attempt to cash out...i believe that cashing out right now when the value of steem is low would not be profitable and would not be a smart thing to do right now...
I would like to transfer my Steem and SBD to some stablecoin first and buy back after the cryptos crash this year.
I will hodl, and will continue to accumulate Steem as much as I can.
Hodl don't always work, but I will do it for Steem, hahs!
The current (2019.01.09, 21:06 CET) value of Steem is $0.317087 USD. I will definitely hold and wait. Just like @crazysola.
I've come too far to go back now. I'll hodl my steem until it reaches a minimum of $1, it's just going to take time and right now I'm patient.