First of all, I am in Africa and Nigeria to be precised. We have just two major seasons. Rainy season and dry season. Rainy or wet season is usually experienced between the months of March to October and dry season from November to February. Although there are slight variations from place to place.
Both seasons equally have their advantages and disadvantages but I prefer dry seasons. I'm not sure if it's because I was born during the dry season but this is usually my best times of the year for obvious reasons.
1. No matter how cold the dry season may be especially during the harmattan, as long as you're well shielded in a comfortable blanket or a good sweater if you have to go out. You're good to go. I hate rains and the kind of cold it comes with. I hate extremities generally but i still prefer the dry seasons kind of cold.
2. Dry air. There's a lot of dry air during the dry season. This of course is good, farm produce could dry faster, clothes too. On the other hand, during the rainy seasons, clothes may take as long as two weeks to dry completely and aside duration of time, clothes not properly dried develop a fowl smell. Thus, waste of time and efforts spent washing AS those clothes may require rewashing before they can be worn.
3. No floods in the street. Usually when it rains, it sometimes come with heavy floods that makes the roads and pathways inaccessible for movement in certain locations. The best thing that could ever happen to me during rainy days is to be at home with electricity to keep me warm, while watching TV. It gives me a safe feeling. You don't experience that during the dry season. You are safe to navigate your way through streets without fear of falling into a flood of water.
4. No matter how hot the dry season is, you could shield yourself with umbrella on sunny days but with rainy season, it could be impossible especially when such rain is accompanied by wind and thunderstorms. It could be risky as well.
5. Luxuriant growth of grassed. During the dry seasons, grasses dry and leaves turn brown too haven completed their yearly circle. But during the rain seasons, everywhere is green. In fact for homes situated close to farm lands, rodents and snakes visit the house often and you have to double up your pace and frequency of maintaining the house surroundings because grasses grow thrice as much during the rainy seasons.
6. Dry season encourages family gathering within the compound for those living in family houses and Moon light play too by children. Nothing beats this feeling and nothing is compared to family get together. You can't do that during the rainy season. It spoils the love and fun too.
7. Out door activities. Usually in this part of the country, people are skeptical when planning events and social gatherings that involve outdoor meeting places because rain could mess up the plans without an apology. Its even said in some parts of Nigeria that people pay some traditional doctors to hold the rain for some days during some events. You don't have such challenges usually during the dry season. In fact, I've already made up my mind that my wedding and other big events have to be during the dry season. So I could channel my energy and prayers towards other things and not to waste time holding up rain or praying against it.
8. Drying of the skin , lips and other parts of the body is experienced during the dry season but with a good hygiene and good oil based cream, one can always adapt and cope. But with rainy seasons, people give excuses that they didn't sweat all day since it rained and as such, there's no reason or need for a bath. Ewwwwwww! Right? (LOL)
Rainy season is good no doubt, the freshness of the smell of green grass, the nice awkward smell of the earth especially during first rains, abundance of food from the planting seasons, beautiful vegetation and lot more. Sincerely, I still prefer dry seasons. I don't believe in reincarnation but if there's anything like that, I'd rather be born in dry season again.
My favorite time of the year is spring.
You are just coming out of winter and the days are starting to get longer. Everything starts to dry out and the leaves on the tree are starting to grow again. The flowers in the garden start to shoot up and it is as though everyone is happy again.
Winter is very depressing,grey skies and miserable weather. Everyone wants to spend more time outside but they can't and we all look forward to spring. Time to take the children to the park or walk along the promenade by the beach. It is as though you are allowed out again and no more being stuck indoors.
I am an outside person and hate jackets and jerseys and finally in spring i can pack them away for another year. It is like starting fresh again as the warm weather and sunshine returns. The birds are singing and have returned from spending the winter away. It is just magical and my favorite time of the year.
I'm from Venezuela and here in my country there are only two stations, that's right, only 2! Drought and rain
the rainy season that goes from the month of May to November and the dry season goes from the month of December to April.
Personally my favorite season is the rainy season because the weather is very cool, I like to listen to the raindrops fall especially at night while I drink a tea and relax, and in the mornings I like to wake up the weather very cold and see the puddles of water on the floor and slate when walking, I like that in the car glass are raindrops, and I like to wear sweater!
In the dry season in my country it's too hot !!!! you can walk 10 steps and be sweating and have drops of sweat on your face, it's really disgusting ... even though venezuela is characterized by being a warm country, I do not like the heat, so I definitely prefer the rain .
I would like at some point to travel to another country and get to know the winter season, I am very curious to know the snow, see how the snowflakes are, wear clothes for the cold, drink hot chocolate and all that is usually seen in the movies to see how much I like the cold !!
Although some people have told me that the cold in winter is not tolerable and in fact a little unpleasant and that you can not drive on the streets and you must be home with heating, I do not know if that is true or not but without a doubt I would like to see for myself someday.
I hope to travel some day and know other cultures and other seasons!
I hope that answers your question, best regards!!!
My favorite season is spring because it's the season when everything comes to life, temperature starts to rise and I get the feeling of a beginning of a new cycle. The nature is also blooming, animals seem to be more full of life and everything seems to be more in motion.
I like spring
Spring is warmer air and people can spend more time outdoors. The weather is warmer and the trees have more leaves It's great to be able to spend more time outdoors Flowers are also 'in bloom' which means the flowers bloom their buds and you can see flowers in various colors.
"The air temperature becomes warmer so it's quite pleasant and the flowers bloom When the weather gets better everyone becomes happier too.
Spring is a good time to do outdoor activities - enjoy long nights, have a barbecue party or take a walk in the park. this is a wonderful time to have a barbecue party or eat outdoors We have a long night so this is a very pleasant time Finally, along with the end of spring, this means summer ‘around the corner We say the phrase 'around the corner' when we talk about something that will soon take place.
"With the end of spring summer dining will arrive soon and it's hard not to like the warmth of the air
I would like to remind that in our country, we only experience two seasons - "Wet" and "Dry".
Being born in a tropical and typhoon prone county, I love the dry season. We can spend a lot of time outside and do the things we want to. It is also not dangerous as having the "Wet" season as it will be the time where destructive calamities happen in our country. The moment we reach January, that's pretty sure we are having the best time of the year until June.
My favorite is the fall. It's the ultimate reminder that where there is death, life will again spring anew.