Honey is one of my favorite foods, it is very sweet and delicious
Bee honey is a product that, when consumed properly, can help you treat wounds, reduce coughs and even lose weight.
Honey is used mainly to sweeten and prepare some foods, but besides being rich, it can help keep us healthy. Although, it provides few minerals and vitamins, it has a great variety of antioxidants.
Benefits of honey
1. Effective to treat skin wounds: The wounds heal with honey, because it has antiseptic and healing properties, which help to prevent infections and accelerate healing.
2. Treat cough: Honey with lemon helps relieve cough, as it covers the walls of the throat and softens.
3. Soothing effects on the body: Consuming a spoonful of honey a day, produces a calming effect on our body.
4. Efficient in the treatment of allergies: Honey helps control pollen allergies, since it stimulates the immune system.
5. Reduce cholesterol: Honey is a good remedy to reduce cholesterol in the arteries.
6. Prevents Heart Problems: Honey fights heart problems, as it strengthens muscle and rhythmic movement.
7. Prevents constipation: Honey is effective for constipation because it is a natural laxative.
8. Helps digestion: Bee honey promotes digestion naturally.
9. Help to lose weight: Take a spoonful of honey every night helps to lose weight. According to the nutritionist "this food is almost perfect for weight loss, because it causes metabolic changes and helps to have a better rest with releases of cerotonin."
The nutritionist recommends that "the consumption of honey must be at temperatures no higher than 60 ° C, because at higher temperatures it begins to lose beneficial properties when some of its elements volatilize".
Consumption of honey during the day
Because honey contains large amounts of sugar, it is recommended to consume it with caution and during the day. If you are going to consume it at breakfast, you can do it with bread, and if you prefer to include it in your snack, you can opt for cookies or granola with honey. The nutritionist indicates that at lunch and dinner should be used as a dressing and not as a staple food. Also, you can consume it as a sweetener in tea.
Honey or should I call it "Liquid Gold" is basically an alternative to sugar for most people, but while sugar has no nutritional value apart from adding calories, honey is on a completely different level!!!
Let me start by saying that honey on its own doesn't actually go bad, it's basically recognised as the only food in the world that doesn't spoil. The nutrients present in honey are such that they protect the body from a multitude of ailments and diseases and some of these benefits of eating honey include;
1. Fights Coughs: I remember when I was a kid, anytime my dad had a serious cough, he'd call one of my aunts to mix up something for him. She's always mix a combination of honey and ground kola nuts for him and within a few hours, no matter severe the cough was, it would be gone.
2. Helps you sleep: Not been sleeping well? Insomnia on the loom?? Well honeys your best bet. It causes an increase in the amount of insulin and serotonin in the blood which is then converted to melatonin and that's what controls the length and quality of sleep, so if you're having a hard time falling asleep, maybe a honey sweetened cup of tea might be the best thing for you.
3. Reduces Dandruff: As if being a cough syrup and sleeping pill wasn't enough, it's also a hair treatment gel or should I say shampoo. Applying a 90% honey-warmwater mixture your scalp or affected regions and leaving it on for 2-4 hours before you wash it off will result in significant gains dandruff, hair problems, skin lesions and so on. It's the antibacterial and antifungal properties of honey that causes this.
4. Wound and Burn Disinfectant: A couple of years ago, I got a deep cut on my right hand and I was rushed to the hospital. The doctor that stitched me up applied something to the wound before and after it was stitched and it smelt familiar so I asked him about it and he told me it was honey...I was a kid so part of me thought he wanted to eat me or something, but it turns out that honey actually serves as a pretty good antibacterial medicine both on the inside and out.
5. Memory booster: Having trouble remembering things lately? Well look no further, honey is the solution to your problem!!! Honey does 2 things, first of all it's has antioxidant which prevent cellular damage as well as loss within our natural CPU, it also helps the body absorb calcium which is necessary for the brain to make decisions and properly process thoughts
6. Energy booster: Honey contains fructose and glucose and these two simple sugars can easily be absorbed into the blood stream and as such can serve as an instant boost of energy. Instead of taking energy drinks which could be harmful to the body, how bout you take a couple tea spoons of honey, it's just as sweet and will give you as much energy as well.
After hearing all this, I'm sure you must be roaring to go get some honey, well I'm already on may way to the grocery store to pick up a couple of jars of honey for myself too.
I hope this helps.
Vitamins A, B, C, Iron, Calcium, Sodium Phosphorus, iodine are found in honey. Daily consumption of honey increases the power to fight diseases by generating power, reflex and freshness in the body.
Cough and asthma can be removed from the use of honey. Ginger mixed with ginger juice gives relief in cough.
Honey is effective in controlling hypertension.
Honey should also be used to clean blood, that is, blood purification.
It is good to eat honey every day to strengthen the heart, to work the heart smoothly and to avoid cardiovascular diseases.
By consuming honey every day, it becomes healthier and the body is fat. Mental weaknesses are far away.
The intake of honey brings the thorns on the face by removing acne and acne. You can also apply rose water, lemon and honey on the face.
In summer, the stomach is light with the daily consumption of honey with honey.
Adding honey mixed with ripe mango juice gives benefits in jaundice.
To remove facial dryness, honey, cream and gram flour must be applied. It will also shine on the face.
Kidneys and intestines are well maintained daily by eating honey.
Honey is helpful in treating damaged skin. It also treats eczema, skin inflammation and other skin disorders effectively.
Tomato or orange juice, add one teaspoon of honey and take it every day, the complaint of constipation starts to clear away.
Antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of honey inhibit the growth of certain bacteria and hence it is applied to wounds, cut and burned places and on the scratches.
Honey is used to clean wounds, remove odor and pus, reduce pain, and treat rapidly.
Honey is a sweet liquid produced by honey bees using nectar from flowers through a process of regurgitation and evaporation. The possible health benefits of consuming honey have been documented in early Greek, Roman, Vedic, and Islamic texts and the healing qualities of honey were referred to by philosophers and scientists all the way back to ancient times, such as Aristotle (384 – 322 BC) and Aristoxenus (320 BC).
Honey has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose and glucose, containing about 70 to 80 percent sugar, which gives it its sweet taste – minerals and water make up the rest of its composition. Honey also possesses antiseptic and antibacterial properties. In modern science we have managed to find useful applications of honey in chronic wound management. However, it should be noted that many of honey’s health claims still require further rigorous scientific studies to confirm them.
It works great if you buy local honey from where you live as it helps the body build up an imunity to local alergens.