There are numerous reasons why a man would have erectile dysfunction. It stems from both mental and physical issues. Getting a man erect in the first place involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels.
Some physical causes of erectile dysfunction include:
1. Obesity: Too much fat can actually be a problem for the man downstairs
2. Diabetes: Poor long-term blood sugar control can damage the nerves responsible for erections
3. Metabolic syndrome: This is a condition involving increased blood pressure, higher than normal insulin levels, too much body fat around the waist and high cholesterol levels
4: Parkinson's disease: Men with Parkinson's almost always suffer from erectile dysfunction, low libido and a general psychological difficulty in getting aroused
5. Heart disease: Any thing that affects the flow of blood will definitely affect your erection
6. Tobacco use: Smoking damages blood vessels which can lead to erectile dysfunction
7. Atherosclerosis: Clogged blood vessels can prevent the blood needed for erections from getting to the genitalia.
8. High blood pressure: I repeat, anything that affects the blood may cause erectile dysfunction
9. Sleep disorders: Lack of sleep may cause a man's testosterone levels to drop and this is required for strong and healthy erections
10. Alcoholism: Excess alcohol reduces blood flow to the penis, thereby causing problems with getting aroused.
Over exposure to pornographic materials can also cause erectile dysfunction due to the fact they believe sex should be exactly how they see it in porn and when they don't get it like that, it reduces their arousal. There are numerous reasons why this happens, but these are some of the most common reasons.